- 6 month fixed term contract
- CBD Location
- Nation leading insurer
About the role
This is a fixed term contract for 6 months in the BAU side of the business, in the Tech Support Team. You’ll be the go to person for end users, taking account of requests and issues. The ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical business users, to enable their understanding of the problem is an important element to this role.
- Provide high quality service to end users, over the phone or face to face
- Be a trusted advisor and develop credibility
- Continuing learning about the various divisions in the business so you can provide that best level of service, as well as emerging technical issues (e.g. via the Microsoft support site) and associated fixes
- Communicate patiently, clearly and with empathy to the end user to find out required details.
- Know when to escalate incidents or requests to other Technology teams or vendors for 2nd or 3rd level support
- Share your skills and knowledge.
- Take ownership of access management in line with business and Technology policies, end user service requests and incidents to drive resolution, in the moment where possible. This includes triage, diagnosis and resolution of service requests and incidents
- Provide first level support for vendor provided hardware and software where possible
- Work with vendors and Platform teams to develop and provide end user-friendly document Knowledge Articles, reference guides and other documents
- Apply proactive Problem Management identification.
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Understand and propose improvements to the configuration of the ITSM tool)
Your responsibilities may change from time to time based on your manager’s requirements.
Skills and Experience
- An ITIL Foundation Certification, v2 at a minimum
- Experience with trouble-shooting within a cloud-based technology environment with infrastructure and applications delivered as a service (PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, etc.)
- Solid understanding of technical architectures and landscapes, in order to troubleshoot incidents and problems, identifying the right second-level resolution teams
- Experience with technology Service Management toolsets, ie ServiceNow
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience within the Financial Services industry would be a bonus
- Central Melbourne location
- Competitive pro-rated salary
- Awesome team
Please apply online using the appropriate link below or contact Dave Newington on 03 9094 0900.